Missouri Conceal Carry / Basic Pistol Course
This course is designed for people who wish to obtain their Missouri concealed firearms permit. The course goes over basic handgun safety and range rules, proper firing techniques, Missouri laws pertaining to concealed carry and live-fire at the range.
– Must be at least 19 years of age and a resident of the State of Missouri
– Is a member of the US Armed Forces and stationed in Missouri
– No Felony convictions or convicted of a Misdemeanor offense of Domestic Violence
– Not discharged under dishonorable conditions from the US Military
– Is not a respondent of a full order of protection that is valid and in effect
– Has not been adjudged mentally incompetent at the time of the application or 5 years prior
– No other laws prohibit the applicant from possessing weapons
Students will need to bring the following items:
1. Eye protection.
You will not be allowed on the firing line without eye protection. If you do not have proper eye protection, you must inform the instructors before leaving the class to go to the range.
Note: Eye protection (ANSI Z87.1) is sold at Gunner University for $3.00 per pair and may be purchased the day of the class.
2. Hearing Protection.
You will not be allowed on the firing line without hearing protection. If you do not have proper hearing protection, you must inform the instructors before leaving the class to go to the range.
Note: We will have disposable hearing protection for sale ($0.75 per pair) and may be purchased at the time of the class.
3. A Semi-automatic handgun or revolver.
This gun must be clean and in good working order. Your gun will be inspected by the Range Safety officer before you will be allowed on the firing line. We reserve the right to deny any gun on the firing line that we feel is not safe. If your gun is denied on the firing line, you may secure a substitute and continue to qualify.
4. Proper Footwear
Proper footwear must be worn on the range. No flip-flops or open toed shoes of any kind. No shoes that leaves the top of you foot exposed will be allowed. We highly recommend boots, but athletic shoes will be acceptable. If you do not have proper footwear, you will not be allowed on the range.
5. 40 rounds of ammunition.
You need a minimum of 40 rounds to qualify for the CCW course. If you wish to bring more rounds to practice with before you shoot the CCW course, this will allowed, depending on class size and time.